- 7:00-7:25: Hank Greely(Director of the Stanford Center for Law and the Biosciences) on "The End of Sex and the Future of Human Reproduction"
Two different biotechnologies are coming together in a way that will change how we make babies...Read more
- 7:25-7:50: Irina Raicu (Santa Clara University/ Director of the Internet Ethics Program) on "Developing Norms for the Internet of Someone Else's Things"
"How should we think about autonomy, choice, and consent in a world of pervasive deployment of technology?" ...Read more
- 7:50-8:10: BREAK. Before or after the break, anyone in the audience currently working within the intersections of art and science will have 30 seconds to share their work. Please present your work as a teaser so that those who are interested can seek you out during social time following the event.
- 8:10-8:35: Margaret Levi(Director of the Stanford Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences) on "The Future of Work in the Age of Intelligent Automation"
How do we ensure adequate compensation, education and training, and social protections? ...Read more
- 8:35-9:00: Soraya Murray(UC Santa Cruz/ Film + Digital Media) on "The Visual Politics of Videogames"
Games both mirror and spur larger societal fears... games are at the frontline of power relations...Read more
Contact:Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar