Stochastic Labs is presenting a one-day event on Reclaiming The Future and would love for you to attend!
What is at stake for the human animal in this critical moment in our evolution? Will we survive this “technological adolescence”? How can we reclaim optimism in the face of future technology?
A group of creative thinkers and makers will assemble to consider these questions in a radical new conversation format.
A Long Conversation is a relay of two-person dialogues for a set period of time, unified by a common prompt.
Each speaker brings one idea to the stage about how to reclaim optimism in the face of future technology - a trend, an artwork, an innovation, a breakthrough, a movement.
- Linda Avey, founder 23andMe
- Catarina Fake, founder flickr
- Alison Gopnik, cognitive scientist & best selling author
- JD Beltran, president sf arts commission
- Aza Raskin, founder center for humane technology
- Vero Bollow, founder stochastic labs
- Alex Reben, roboticist and artist
- Kal Spelletich, sf machine arts pioneer
With compelling speakers like Catarina Fake, Saul Perlmutter, Alison Gopnik and more, this will be a fascinating and wide ranging “long conversation” on reclaiming optimism in the face of future technology. Also look for the artist demos and exhibition featuring interactive robotics, speculative materials, biotechnology, distributed wearables, experimental human-machine collaborations, and other investigations of our possible futures. The day will conclude with a bar and bites reception.
Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar