- 7:00-7:25: Fabio Barry(Stanford/ Art History) on "Where Do White Temples Come From?"
The Acropolis was an anomaly... the Greeks strove to build in light...Read more
- 7:25-7:50: Carrie Partch(UCSC/ Biochemistry) on "Morning Larks and Night Owls: Differences in Human Circadian Rhythms Shed Light on How our Clock Works"
How molecular clocks measure time on a daily basis and use this information to coordinate and control our biology...Read more
- 7:50-8:10: BREAK. Before or after the break, anyone in the audience currently working within the intersections of art and science will have 30 seconds to share their work. Please present your work as a teaser so that those who are interested can seek you out during social time following the event.
- 8:10-8:35: David McConville(Buckminster Fuller Institute) on "Beyond the "Whole Earth"
Remote sensing technologies increasingly serve as humanity's sensory prosthetics...Read more
- 8:35-9:00: Hughen/Starkweather(Visual Artists) on "Shifting Shorelines"
A series of works in which they examine the complex factors that contribute to changing shorelines...Read more
Contact:Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar