Step away from the baby bellas and learn how to unleash fungi’s true potential. Discover the power of psilocybin, the naturally-occurring psychedelic compound produced by very special shrooms and learn about what makes even the most everyday mushroom "magic".
- Cultivate your very own mushroom spores to take home with Bay Area Applied Mycology.
- Get up close and personal with mycorrhiza, fungi that colonizes plant roots, and other fungal delights with Stanford Lab and the San Francisco Microscopical Society.
- Learn about what kind of local mushrooms to look for - and which ones to stay far away from - with the Bay Area Mycological Society.
- Add a twist of fungi to your next cocktail with the Mycological Society of San Francisco - they’ll be making and sharing tastes of earthy mushroom simple syrups. Plus, check out ID characteristics of display mushrooms from the wild and bring photos of your own mushrooms to have them ID'd with the experts from the Mycological Society of San Francisco.
- Enter the wonderful world of mushroom foraging with Debbie Veiss of the Bay Area Mycological Society - and learn how and where to find fungi, why it’s important to study them, and why they’ve kept her fascinated for so long.
Contact:Website: Click to Visit
Cost:$15 General, $12 Members
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend
San Francisco, CA 94118
Phone: (415) 379-8000
Website: Click to Visit