Prospect Sierra Elementary School in El Cerrito will be a stop on this year's Bringing Back the Natives Garden Tour.
• Calling all children! They can participate in monarch butterfly crafts, color butterfly pages, take pictures (with you!) in the butterfly wings photo area, and go on the storywalk - a native plant trail lined with the pages of a children's book on signs.
• Visit with bunnies Sunset and Midnight.
• Enter the free raffle to win a butterfly meadow for your own garden! A mélange of butterfly-friendly plants will be raffled at 3:00; the winner need not be present to win.
• Restrooms will be available.
* Artistically inclined children (and their adults!) are invited to participate in the first Native Plant and Wildlife Chalk Art event. Draw native birds, bees, butterflies and plants in the school’s courtyard any time between 10:00 and 5:00; chalk will be provided. Between 11:00 and 2:00 artists will draw as an acoustic guitarist strums, or a duo of woodwinds plays.
Talks in the Garden
11:00 “How to attract and raise monarch butterflies”
12:00 and 2:00 “How and why to change a school lawn into a beautiful native plant garden” by Facilities Director Steve Harrington (noon) and teacher Genie Barrie at 2:00
Music in the Garden
11:00-12:00 and 1:00-2:00 Bret Turner will play acoustic guitar
12:00-1:00 A duo of woodwinds, with Fern Burch on clarinet and Kara Koffron on flute, will play classical music.
Website: Click to Visit
Cost:$15 donaton suggested
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar