NightLife is now a regularly scheduled delivery: Every other Thursday, tune into a new volume of Virtual NightLife, an experimental online event that brings science, art, & music to you. To attend, be sure to fix yourself a “quarantini,” ping your friends for some simultaneous event-experiencing, and log-on for this experimental showcase, streaming live on YouTube and Facebook. We’re all in this together - and we’re just as curious as you are to see what happens.
The lineup for Vol. 3:
- Shark Week’s Vicky Vásquez returns for her crash course in shark science (and perhaps some more shark charades).
- Meet the animal ambassadors of Sweet Farm, a first-of-its-kind non-profit sanctuary addressing the global impacts of factory farming through animal rescue and rehabilitation, agriculture, technology, education - and Goat-2-Meeting Zoom calls.
- Dr. Lauren Esposito, Curator of Arachnology, shares just some of the very surprising arachnid courtship rituals and bizarre reproductive strategies.
- Animator and GIF artist Angie Amaro shows off her claymation puppets & stop motion process (search for #calacademy on GIPHY to use her Claude & penguin GIFs!).
- Save those scraps! Maximize your produce potential and fight off Covid-19 scurvy with your very own quarantine garden! Museum of Craft and Design’s Education Director, Sarah Charlotte, will show you how to regenerate kitchen scraps and teach a simple macrame method for hanging your garden in the sunlight.
- Musician Andre Thierry jams on his accordion for a short set of world-class Zydeco soul music
Morrison Planetarium presenters M. Josh Roberts and Mary Holt return as hosts for your biweekly dose of astronomy news and bad jokes.
We want to crash your party: Share your setup using #VirtualNightLife
Contact:Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar