The COVID-19 pandemic is increasing the global demand for robots that can assist in surgery and healthcare. This 4-hour symposium focuses on recent advances and open problems in robot-assisted telesurgery and telemedicine and the needs for new research and development. The zoom format will encourage active dialogue among faculty, students, professionals, and entrepreneurs.
- 9:30 - 10:00 am: Conversation with Robin Murphy, Texas A&M and Director of Robotics for Infectious Diseases, and Andra Keay, Director of Silicon Valley Robotics
- 10:00 - 10:30 am: Conversation with Gary Guthart, CEO Intuitive Surgical and Ken Goldberg, Director of CITRIS People and Robots Initiative
- 10:30 - 11:00 am: Conversation with Pablo E. Garcia Kilroy, VP Research Verb Surgical and Tom Low, Director of Robotics at SRI International
- 11:00 - 11:15 am: Break
- 11:15 - 11:45 am: Conversation with David Noonan, Director of Research, Auris Surgical, and TBD
- 11:45 am - 12:45 pm: Keynote by Jaydev Desai, Director, Georgia Tech Center for Medical Robotics
- 12:45 - 1:15 pm: Conversation with Allison Okamura, Stanford, and TBD
- 1:15 - 1:45 pm: Conversation with Bahareh (Behy) Nejad MD, Director of Robotic Surgery, UCD and Danyal Fer MD, Visiting Resident at UCSF
- 1:45 - 2:00 pm: Wrap up
Registration closes May 18 at 3:00pm.
Contact:Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar