- 7:00-7:25: Audrey Shafer(Stanford Univ/ Medicine) on “Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein: The First 200 Years “Why is this novel, known as the first science fiction text, so generative…Read more
- 7:25-7:50: Qifeng Chen(Intel Labs) on “Photographic Image Synthesis with Cascaded Refinement Networks”.An A.I. approach to synthesizing photographic images…Read more
- 7:50-8:10: BREAK. Before or after the break, anyone in the audience currently working within the intersections of art and science will have 30 seconds to share their work. Please present your work as a teaser so that those who are interested can seek you out during social time following the event.
- 8:10-8:35: Robert Buelteman (Camera-less photographer) on “Photography after the Digital Revolution: Now What?”Are today’s technical marvels providing humanity any greater access in interpreting the world?…Read more
- 8:35-9:00: Carlo Sequin(UC Berkeley) on “Klein bottles and Super-Bottles”Super-Bottles are topological models that can yield artistic creations…Read more
Li Ka Shing Building, Room LK130