March LASER Event – San Francisco
March 6 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm -
- 7:00-7:25: Rosanna Guadagno(University of Texas at Dallas) on “Men, Women, and Technology: Insights from Social Psychology”Abstract forthcoming…Read more
- 7:25-7:50: Neeraj Sonalkar(Stanford/ Design) on “What improvised theater, jazz and design thinking have in common”Design thinking has a lot in common with the improvisational mindset practiced through improvisational theater or jazz…Read more
- 7:50-8:10: BREAK. Before or after the break, anyone in the audience currently working within the intersections of art and science will have 30 seconds to share their work. Please present your work as a teaser so that those who are interested can seek you out during social time following the event.
- 8:10-8:35: Carlo Sequin(UC Berkeley) on “Klein bottles and Super-Bottles”Super-Bottles are topological models that can yield artistic creations…Read more
- 8:35-9:00: Paul Dresher (Composer) on “What Would Happen If..Inventing Musical Instruments – the Experimental Playground at the Intersection of Music, Craft and Physics.”