On the Point Bonita Lighthouse Sunset Tour, you will enjoy stunning sunset views and learn the compelling story of this landmark. The tour will include elements of natural and cultural history as well as thought-provoking guided discussion that ties the lighthouse’s history to our present. The tour does not include moonrise.
Reserve your space at www.recreation.gov.
This 90-minute tour starts at the Point Bonita Trailhead service gate where you will check in. Led by a ranger or volunteer docent, the group will go on a half mile hike to the lighthouse, which includes a downhill slope, a hand carved tunnel, and a suspension bridge to the lighthouse itself. The suspension bridge has a sheer drop on either side.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Bring water and layers, as it can be cold.
- No pets or bikes allowed on the trail.
- Ask us about ADA accomodations.
- No sunset guaranteed! There is a reason, after all, that San Francisco is called 'Fog City.'
- High winds means we will close the suspension bridge.
Other Dates For This Event:
Contact:Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar