'The Science of Art' at The Crucible
"The Science of Art" Spring Open House at the Crucible
The Science of Art, an event to highlight the scientific principals, enquiry and exploration behind the fine and industrial arts processes taught and practiced here at the Crucible! The event will bring together Crucible faculty, guest artists, a curated gallery of exhibits and demonstrations, projects from local schools as well as special performances, food, and the participation of a number of other local art and science related organizations and university programs. Our goal is to connect ourselves and our community to The Science of Art and give us an opportunity to further understand the world in which we live and work, making way for new creativity and innovation at every stage of our process.
A fun day for the whole family! Our open houses are a wonderful way to experience the excitement of The Crucible's 56,000 sq. ft. studio, where furnaces roar and sparks fly. Check out exciting live demonstrations and exhibits explaining the science behind the art of The Crucible. Catch amazing fiery performances and wander through our student and faculty art show displaying the creativity of The Crucible. Then grab a drink and snack and take the Summer Camp preview tour.
- Intriguing demonstrations combining science and art including the Science of Fire, Venturi Effect, mysteries of steel made visible, Raku firing, bicycle physics, and other fascinating experiments in action
- Amazing molten metal pour in our foundry
- Fiery stage performances by our fire performance faculty & students
- Spectacular art show showcasing work from Crucible students, faculty & staff
- Beautiful handmade art for sale by Crucible artists
- Exciting preview tours of The Crucible's Summer Camp
- Eye popping discounts on Crucible classes
- Bicycles for sale in The Crucible's Bike Shop
- Tasty food and drink
- Chances to win free tuition for a Crucible class!
Phone: (510) 444 0919
Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar