Free Drinks At the Conference: How To Deliver a Compelling Technical Talk - Livestream
Delivering a conference talk is a killer way to increase community knowledge, get jobs, and get free drinks at the bar, but only if you don’t put your audience to sleep first! In this experiential workshop, you will learn to structure your technical content so you can engage your audience in a deeper and more persuasive way. Bring your own content to develop or make it up in class. Topics include:
- 3 critical pre-presentation audience questions so your audience understands what you want them to understand
- 5 failsafe techniques for audience engagement to wake ‘em up and keep ‘em focused on your message
- 5 techniques for technical storytelling to get your audience talking about your message in the hall after your talk
- 3 methods for better data visualization, i.e. why the heck are we seeing this?
- 3 ways to add humor to your talk that won’t get you banned
- 2 technical presentation-specific rehearsal methods so you look like a pro speaker at TEDtalks (if that’s your thing)
- 4 mind hacks to manage pesky presentation anxiety
If you have an upcoming conference talk or aspire to have one, then this workshop is for you.
Speaker: Don Colliver, Author
Register at weblink to attend on Zoom or Facebook
Contact:Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar